Join Bridge Winners
Farewell

After approximately 4 years and 4 months (looks like my first game directed was June 22, 2015) I am retiring from working at bridge and returning to playing bridge.  The time commitment will be only slightly less, but the time I do spend with you all will be for me, not for others. The pay will be missed but since it was not that much, the absence will be felt not that much.  I am not sure who is going to take over the initiatives I began, but I am no longer so codependent that I let that keep me from doing what is best for me.

I met some of the most amazing people in the last few years (including, quite possibly, THE MOST amazing person -- singular) and thus I am grateful for the experiences along the way. But it's time for me to move on and get back to serving people through lawyering, not bridging.  As a story goes, the nana was telling her grandson that there are two kinds of lawyers in the world, those that cause problems and those that solve problems. I have always strived to be a solver. And that is what I am doing now.

You will likely see more of me not less as bridge becomes, once again a passion and avocation, rather than duty and vocation.

I am keeping one student for a few more months. I promoted one student to partner and I have a Saturday Slams class that will go on for a while.  Also, TH Nite Teams cannot run without me. Apparently. 

So, see you around, but don't ask me how to bid or what the ruling should be. I was never any good at either anyway and now I have an excuse to do my part to completely elliminate the ABSOLUTE WORST PART OF BRIDGE . . . the post mortem. "I don't know." (And, by the way, I don't think you do either. If you care.)

46 Comments
Getting Comments... loading...

Bottom Home Top